Am I paying more than usual?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chech01, Jun 19, 2016.

1. chech01

chech01 Customer

Paid 751.70 for 1 year and that is supposed to be 5% savings. Still have to pay for the VPN monthly.

saw the 1GB is at 49.90 which works out to 598.80

can someone explain please

2. Nic

Nic Administrator

Hi Chech,

We do change promotions from time to time - your current yearly amount should be what was indicated in the contract. Not to worry though, when you're eligible for re-contract i'm sure we'll have even more awesome promotions for you :)

3. Wong Chun Kiat

Wong Chun Kiat Customer

Can opt out vpn anytime.

4. chech01

chech01 Customer

LOL on your "AWESOME". Just receive the bill for the same amount.

I posted in another thread about this.

can someone tell me what is happening?

5. Nic

Nic Administrator

Ah ok i think i understand what's going on.

You were on yearly payment for your previous contract - but you just re-contracted to one of the upfront payment plans. Is that correct?

And now you're wondering how come you received the bill for the next yearly payment starting in July?

If that's the case then no worries - the new upfront plan has likely not yet been fully processed. When it is, our billing team will pro-rate the yearly payment you just got charged onto the charge for the new upfront plan :)

6. chech01

chech01 Customer

Not exactly.

I was on upfront payment plan before. It is up for renewal and the bill shows the same amount as in the previous contract. Hence, I quoted your old reply to me where you mentioned "even more awesome promotion for you".

So, where is the awesomeness? The same old is not awesome. Especially with WxxxCxxx touting cheaper rates.

duh

7. Nic

Nic Administrator

Ahh

Well yeah if you don't re-contract to a new plan we keep charging you the same rate for the plan you originally signed up....

What i meant by new awesome promotions are these - http://www.viewqwest.com/vqlp/broadband-promo-june2017/index.html

If you're up for recon you can consider :)

8. chech01

chech01 Customer

Based on the invoice that I received (amount for 1 year) I presume I am due to re-contract.

so, do I just click on the 2 years @ 888 or do I send email to billing?

9. Nic

Nic Administrator

To recon just download the form (the button that says "e-mail" on the page) - no need to fill out the billing section - and send it into cs@viewqwest.com. Our guys will do the rest