When will Zhone offer AC products and IPV6 without bridging

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Samuel Lee, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee Customer

As per topic. Although now has a AC66U / AC68U which is a correct step for now, but for those who might just prefer Zhone only (Not because of $$ issue, but also must consider how to put these equipments as well) will really feel appreciated if such new product comes.

2. Anton

Anton Administrator

As of latest talks with Zhone, they have no intentions of releasing a dual-band or a AC version of their ONT/router for now.
    However, we should be seeing more IPv6 support early next year.

KianKuan, chaicka and Samuel Lee like this.
  3. doobie

doobie Customer

Is Zhone planning to IPv6 support for the ONT/router. I don't need very fast wifi as all my rooms are hardwired and also set up remote access point. I like zhone as it is one equipment for both ONT/router which is simple and easy to manage.

Thanks

4. Nic

Nic Administrator

Unfortunately there's no set date for this - we're still waiting to hear more about their IPv6 and dual band capabilities. AC standard still a ways off...

5. doobie

doobie Customer

Thanks Nic,

I am very happy with the ONT/Router with the Zhone.. simple setup... hope they can implement the IPv6 soon.

:) :)

6. Anton

Anton Administrator

I don't think they will be able to support AC/dual-band as that would require a full hardware change.

As for IPv6, we are currently testing the first prototype firmware. I would say the firmware would be ready in about 2 months.

7. doobie

doobie Customer

Thanks Anton, I look forward to having ipv6 in my gpon 2426. :)